- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
RHP Justin Masterson, Indians agree at $9,762,500
Question of the Day
The agreement Tuesday was $162,500 below midpoint of the $11.8 million he had asked for and the $8.05 million Cleveland had offered when players and teams swapped proposed arbitration salaries last month.
Masterson’s request was the highest among players who exchanged figures. A hearing had been scheduled for Thursday.
Masterson will be eligible for free agency after this season.
Teams have won two of three cases that went to hearings, with the Indians beating pitchers Vinnie Pestano and Josh Tomlin in Cleveland’s first hearings since 1991. Pitcher Andrew Cashner defeated San Diego in the only other hearing.
Two players remained scheduled for hearings this week: Cincinnati right-hander Homer Bailey and San Francisco first baseman Brandon Belt. Bailey said Monday he was closed to agreement on a multiyear contract.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq