- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
RHP Justin Masterson, Indians agree at $9,762,500
The agreement Tuesday was $162,500 below midpoint of the $11.8 million he had asked for and the $8.05 million Cleveland had offered when players and teams swapped proposed arbitration salaries last month.
Masterson’s request was the highest among players who exchanged figures. A hearing had been scheduled for Thursday.
Masterson will be eligible for free agency after this season.
Teams have won two of three cases that went to hearings, with the Indians beating pitchers Vinnie Pestano and Josh Tomlin in Cleveland’s first hearings since 1991. Pitcher Andrew Cashner defeated San Diego in the only other hearing.
Two players remained scheduled for hearings this week: Cincinnati right-hander Homer Bailey and San Francisco first baseman Brandon Belt. Bailey said Monday he was closed to agreement on a multiyear contract.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014