- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Texan man charged in death of girlfriend’s son, 1
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man who was watching his girlfriend’s 13-month-old son has been charged in the toddler’s death.
Tarrant County jail records show 24-year-old Oscar Martin Armijo of Fort Worth was being held Tuesday on a murder charge. Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Armijo, who was arrested Friday and bond set at $75,000.
Fort Worth police say Armijo was caring for Angelo Jeovanni Ramirez last month while the toddler’s mother was at work. Investigators say the boyfriend allegedly became upset because the youngster cried and fussed when his mother left.
The boy known as A.J. died Jan. 15, a day after being taken to a hospital with breathing problems and other injuries. Police say the child was beaten or possibly dropped on a floor.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.