- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
UEFA sanctions CSKA, Apollon, Serbia for racism
Question of the Day
CSKA received the heavier punishment of playing its next European home game behind closed doors, after its supporters displayed racist and far-right symbols in the Czech Republic during a 2-1 loss to Viktoria Plzen on Dec. 10 in the Champions League. The club was also fined 50,000 euros ($68,000) after being warned previously for fan abuse during an October home game against Manchester City.
Apollon Limassol received a partial home stadium closure at its next UEFA game after its fans were caught making monkey chants at Legia Warsaw player Dossa Junior during a 2-0 home loss in the Europa League on Dec. 12.
The Football Association of Serbia was ordered to partially close its stadium at the next Serbia Under-21 home game after monkey sounds were heard during a 2-2 draw with Belgium in 2015 European U21 Championship qualifying on Nov. 15.
Because Serbia had already had to play two home U21 games behind closed doors for racial abuse during a home game against England U21s in October 2012, UEFA ordered the Serbia FA at the next U21 home game to display a large banner reading “No to Racism” and make the captain stand in the middle of the ground and announce over the PA the opposition to racism by the Serbia FA, the U21 team and their fans.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq