- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
With kids grown, Washington wants more stage roles
NEW YORK (AP) - Now that his children are grown, you can expect to see a lot more of Denzel Washington on Broadway.
“Up until nine years ago, I hadn’t been here in 15 years, from 1990 until 2005. Basically, that was because of raising my kids, my wife and I,” Washington said Tuesday.
He added: “It’s impossible to commute from California to New York, or New York to California doing an eight-show week schedule. So once they got old enough, I could start coming back.”
Washington last appeared on Broadway in the 2010 revival of August Wilson’s “Fences,” where he picked up a best actor Tony.
Before coming back to Broadway in 2005 to play Brutus in “Julius Caesar,” Washington hadn’t appeared on a Broadway stage since 1988.
“I’ve been back three times in nine years. And I’ll be back again, hopefully,” Washington said.
Follow John Carucci on Twitter at - http://www.twitter.com/jacarucci
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again