- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Albany defense stifles Binghamton 57-48
Question of the Day
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) - Peter Hooley scored 13 points as Albany (NY) defeated Binghamton 57-48 on Wednesday.
Gary Johnson added 12 points and DJ Evans had 10 for the Great Danes (14-13, 8-6 American East). It is their first win in eight games when scoring less than 60 points.
The Bearcats (6-20, 3-10) were led by Jordan Reed with 13 points and 16 rebounds. Yosef Yacob added 12 points and Rayner Moquete had 11.
Albany was up 46-44 midway through the second half when Reed picked up this third foul on a charge. With Reed on the bench the Bearcats missed three shots and had four turnovers, going scoreless for six minutes. However, the Great Danes could only extend the lead to 51-44.
Reed returned to score at the 6:14 mark but the Bearcats didn’t score again until the closing seconds.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq