- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Canada’s John Tavares out for rest of Olympics
Question of the Day
“I don’t know if he’s going home right way,” Babcock said. “He seemed to be in a fine mood, obviously disappointed he’s injured.”
Just four days and two games are left in the Olympic tournament. Canada faces the United States in the semifinals on Friday.
The 23-year-old Tavares is the NHL’s third-leading scorer with 66 points in 59 games for the Islanders. He has never had significant injury problems in his five-season professional career, playing in 350 of a possible 354 games with New York.
Canada must attempt to win its third gold medal in four Olympics without two of the NHL’s best young centers. Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos was unable to recover from a broken right leg in time for the Olympics and was replaced by teammate Martin St. Louis on Canada’s roster a few days before the games began.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq