- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
Ex-fugitive pleads not guilty to Oregon abuse
Question of the Day
ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) - A man suspected of faking his death in a fishing accident 15 years ago to avoid trial has pleaded not guilty in Southern Oregon to sex abuse charges in what authorities said was an attempt to recruit young girls and father a large number of children.
The Roseburg News-Review reports (http://bit.ly/1hvYam2 ) that 55-year-old Daniel Clement Chafe appeared in court Tuesday.
He was arrested in Montana in January. Authorities said he’d lived in Three Forks under the name Zac Taylor and made a living fixing computers.
Authorities considered him a fugitive despite a report that he fell overboard during a Washington state fishing trip, days before he was scheduled for trial in Roseburg in 1998.
He’s accused of rape, sodomy and sex abuse of two teenage girls. Authorities say other victims were identified.
Information from: The News-Review, http://www.nrtoday.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq