- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Ex-W.Va. bank exec pleads guilty in loan scheme
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - A former vice president of First State Bank’s branch in Barboursville has pleaded guilty in a loan scheme.
Thirty-three-year-old Jackie Cantley is scheduled to be sentenced May 19.
Under a plea agreement, federal prosecutors agreed to dismiss two additional counts of misallocation and three bank fraud counts.
Cantley processed a $335,000 loan from the bank to his cousin and the cousin’s business in 2012, knowing that the cousin didn’t have sufficient collateral. He also didn’t disclose their relationship to the bank’s loan committee.
Cantley’s authorized limit was $250,000 per borrower.
He resigned from his position after the bank began an internal review of loans he’d authorized.
Information from: The Herald-Dispatch, http://www.herald-dispatch.com
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again