- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Grant: Alabama’s Jacobs taking leave of absence
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Alabama forward Nick Jacobs is taking a leave of absence from the team.
Grant says in a news release that he met with Jacobs this week “regarding a pattern of behavior and inconsistencies with his responsibilities as a student athlete.” He didn’t give a timetable for Jacobs‘ return.
The coach says both felt it was in Jacobs‘ best interest “to step away from the team for the immediate future.”
The 6-foot-8 Jacobs is third on the Tide in scoring, averaging 8.4 points a game. He scored 18 points in last week’s win over Mississippi but followed that with two points in a loss to South Carolina.
Jacobs has started 10 games.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again