- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Hartford defeats UMass-Lowell 75-68
Question of the Day
LOWELL, Mass. (AP) - Mark Nwakamma scored 16 points to lead hot-shooting Hartford in a 75-68 victory over Massachusetts-Lowell on Wednesday night.
Evan Cooper added 13 points, Oren Faulk 12 and Nate Sikma 10 for the Hawks (14-14, 8-5 America East), who shot 57.4 percent, including 68.4 percent in the second half en route to their fourth straight win.
Both teams made nine 3-pointers, but the Hawks took only 19 attempts to the River Hawks' 24.
Akeem Williams scored 18 points, DJ Mlachnik 11 and Mark Cornelius 10 for Lowell (8-18, 6-8).
Hartford led by as many 11 points in the second half but had to hang on at the end with Lowell within three, 71-68, with 19 seconds left. Cooper made a basket and Taylor Dyson hit two free throws to ensure the victory.
The Hawks swept the season series, having defeated Lowell at Hartford 69-51 on Jan. 18.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq