- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Huff battling for a spot on Giants pitching staff
The New York Yankees converted him into a long reliever-spot starter last year after they claimed him off waivers from the Cleveland Indians. It’s the type of versatility the Giants are seeking for their pitching staff.
“When I got here, they told me they wanted to utilize my versatility,” Huff said. “I am ready to pitch wherever they want me.”
Huff has a few advantages. He’s left-handed, has a major league contract and has over 300 innings of big league experience.
Kameron Loe, a right-hander who spent last season with the Seattle Mariners, Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves, has pitched for over eight years in the majors and has both starting and relief experience. He’s a non-roster pitcher.
Other non-roster pitchers with time in the big leagues are Jason Berken, Rafael Dolis, J.C. Gutierrez, Sandy Rosario, Dan Runzler and Mason Tobin.
While he’s spent most of his career as a starter, Huff said he would continue to work at extending himself.
“It’s always easier to build length and then cut it rather than the other way around,” he said. “I came into spring willing to make an adjustment.”
Huff has had to make adjustments throughout his career, from dealing with high expectations to rebooting his career.
He was the Indians‘ Minor League Player of the Year in 2008 and made his debut with the team the following May.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014