- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Marion Barry released from hospital after 8 days
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - Former District of Columbia mayor Marion Barry has been released from the hospital after his second extended stay this year.
His spokeswoman, LaToya Foster, says the 77-year-old Barry was released Tuesday night from Washington Hospital Center after an 8-day stay.
Barry, now a D.C. councilmember, had tweeted that he was being treated for a urinary tract infection. He said it wasn’t serious.
Foster says Barry is now at a rehabilitation center receiving physical therapy to help with mobility.
In January, Barry spent 16 days at Howard University Hospital.
He has suffered a variety of ailments, including prostate cancer, diabetes and kidney failure that required a transplant five years ago. Foster says Barry will be hosting a kidney donation awareness event on Saturday on the Howard campus.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors