- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
Match Play at a glance
MARANA, Ariz. (AP) - A brief look at the first round of the Match Play Championship on Wednesday at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain:
Shot of the day: Top-seeded Henrik Stenson hit a 65-yard bunker shot to 2½ feet to set up a par win on the par-4 14th that pulled him even with Kiradech Aphibarnrat. Stenson won Nos. 16 and 17 with birdies in a 2-and-1 victory.
Shortest day: Billy Horschel finished off Jamie Donaldson on No. 13 in a 6-and-5 victory.
Longest day: Sergio Garcia edged Marc Leishman on the 22nd hole.
English implosion: U.S. Open champion Justin Rose was the only of the five English players to advance. Luke Donald, the 2011 winner, dropped out along with 2010 champion Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood and David Lynn.
Stat of the day: Eight players who trailed with six holes remaining went on to win.
Thursday’s key matches: Henrik Stenson vs. Louis Oosthuizen, Rory McIlroy vs. Harris English, Jimmy Walker vs. Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar vs. Ryan Moore, Justin Rose vs. Ernie Els, and Brandt Snedeker vs. Webb Simpson.
Forecast: Thursday, sunny, high of 75 with wind gusting to 15 mph.
Television: Thursday, Golf Channel, 1-6 p.m. EST, replay 6:30-11:30 p.m. EST.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014