- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
TCU receiver Brown off team after drug arrest
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - TCU receiver LaDarius Brown has been kicked off the team after being arrested on a marijuana possession charge.
A statement Wednesday from the Horned Frogs says Brown violated team rules and was removed from the football program.
Fort Worth police stopped Brown’s vehicle late Sunday after he allegedly went through a stop sign. The officer smelled an odor believed to be marijuana and searched the vehicle. Brown was charged with possession of less than 2 ounces of marijuana. He was freed Monday on $500 bond.
Jail records Wednesday didn’t list an attorney for Brown, who as a sophomore last season had 393 yards and two touchdowns. No publicly listed phone number could be located for him.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.