- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
Troopers say missing snowmobiler found dead
Question of the Day
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Alaska State Troopers say a missing snowmobiler has been found dead during a search between Bethel and Atmautluak (Aht-MOUTH'-luck).
Troopers say a search was launched Tuesday for 65-year-old Wassilli Berlin of Nunapitchuk (noo-nah-PIT'-chuck). Berlin's body was found Tuesday afternoon during the search.
Troopers say no foul play is suspected. An autopsy will be conducted at the state medical examiner's office.
Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters says Berlin was last seen Thursday and reported missing locally Saturday.
Berlin's snowmobile was found Sunday evening on a trail about five miles from Atmautluak. According to Peters, Berlin apparently ran out of gas.
Peters says locals called around Monday to see if Berlin could be found somewhere else. He was reported missing to troopers Monday evening.
His body was found between the snowmobile and Atmautluak.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq