- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Geogia State escapes Texas-Arlington in OT, 101-91
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - R.J. Hunter and Devonta White each drilled a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to pull Georgia State into a tie and force an overtime period that saw the Panthers outscore Texas Arlington 19-9 to pull out a 101-91 win.
The victory was a school record 12th straight for Georgia State, which trailed, 82-79 with 2.7 seconds left in regulation before White drilled a 30-footer with .4 seconds left.
The loss was the second heart-breaker in three nights for the Mavericks, who had Western Kentucky on the ropes before falling, 77-72 Thursday.
Hunter finished with 31 points and White added a career-high 30, converting 16 of 17 from the line, to lead conference-leading Georgia State (15-6, 8-0 Sun Belt). Ryan Harrow added 22 points and Manny Atkins pulled down 12 rebounds.
Reger Dowel scored 26 points to lead UTA (9-12, 4-5), with Jamel Outler and Lonnie McClanahan each adding 20.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Blunder on the bases costly in D-Backs' 4-3 loss
- Nancy Pelosi: Congress worked together when Bush was president
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq