- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Geogia State escapes Texas-Arlington in OT, 101-91
ATLANTA (AP) - R.J. Hunter and Devonta White each drilled a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to pull Georgia State into a tie and force an overtime period that saw the Panthers outscore Texas Arlington 19-9 to pull out a 101-91 win.
The victory was a school record 12th straight for Georgia State, which trailed, 82-79 with 2.7 seconds left in regulation before White drilled a 30-footer with .4 seconds left.
The loss was the second heart-breaker in three nights for the Mavericks, who had Western Kentucky on the ropes before falling, 77-72 Thursday.
Hunter finished with 31 points and White added a career-high 30, converting 16 of 17 from the line, to lead conference-leading Georgia State (15-6, 8-0 Sun Belt). Ryan Harrow added 22 points and Manny Atkins pulled down 12 rebounds.
Reger Dowel scored 26 points to lead UTA (9-12, 4-5), with Jamel Outler and Lonnie McClanahan each adding 20.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again