- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Michigan State women beat No. 19 Purdue 89-73
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Aerial Powers had 19 points, 11 rebounds and five assists to lead Michigan State past No. 19 Purdue 89-73 on Sunday.
The Spartans (15-7, 7-2 Big Ten) opened the second half on a 28-13 run to lead 67-51 with 9:24 left and led by double digits from there.
Purdue’s KK Houser was leading all scorers with 17 points when she left the game with 5:12 left due to a leg injury. She elevated for a jump shot, came down holding her knee and had to be helped off the court. Houser missed the 2010-11 season with a torn ACL.
Jasmine Hines had 16 points, Klarissa Bell added 15 and Tori Jankoska scored 14 for MSU which remained alone in second place in the Big Ten with the win.
Whitney Bays led the Boilermakers (15-7, 5-5) with 22 points and six rebounds and April Wilson added 13 points.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.