- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Olympic Loo-Loo: Another twin toilet seen in Sochi
Question of the Day
SOCHI, Russia (AP) - Twin Toilets, No. 2.
Side-by-side toilets in a men’s bathroom caused a social media sensation last month when they were discovered at the biathlon venue for the Sochi Olympics, swiftly becoming a national joke in Russia.
Now, another privy without privacy has been found - right under the noses of the media.
The Associated Press found the toilets built for two in a lavatory for female staff and volunteers conducting security checks of journalists at the new Main Media Center.
The Sochi organizing committee initially denied knowledge of the second twin toilet, and later refused to comment. That leaves unknown whether the loo-loo was built by design or resulted from an error during the plumbing process.
Unlike the biathlon center, which had only one toilet paper dispenser, the facilities at the media center have separate rolls for each user.
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq