- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
5 California Things to Know for Thursday
Question of the Day
Your daily look at late-breaking California news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
Winning ticket for $425 million jackpot sold at a convenience store in Milpitas.
2. POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL
Southern California’s Metrolink commuter train network has begun use of crash-avoidance technology more than five years after deadly head-on crash.
3. COVERED CALIFORNIA
More than 800,000 Californians have signed up for insurance through mid-February on the state’s health care exchange.
4. CALIFORNIA DROUGHT
Gov. Jerry Brown, top Democratic lawmakers propose $687 million plan to elp to drought-stricken communities, including $15 million for those with dangerously low drinking water supplies.
Facebook is placing a $19 billion bet on reaching its next billion mobile users with the acquisition of messaging service that lets people send texts, photos and videos on their smartphones.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world