- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Chefs and swimsuit models volley for charity
Question of the Day
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Celebrity chefs may be used to the heat of the kitchen, but can they handle hot bods?
They found out Thursday when more than a dozen Sports Illustrated swimsuit models tested their mettle in a charity beach volleyball tournament.
The chefs - who paid at least $1,000 each for the privilege of playing alongside the models - hit the sand as part of the South Beach Wine and Food Festival. The event raised more than $20,000 for the Armed Forces Foundation and featured models from the 50th anniversary edition of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
The lineup included cover models Kate Upton, Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge, as well as chefs Tim Love, Michael Symon, Jeff Mauro, Pat LaFrieda and Spike Mendelsohn.
“We really run around like crazy prepping for all these events (at the festival). People don’t realize how much work this is. We just wanted to sit back and have a little bit of fun,” said Mendelsohn, who helped organize the event. “And Sports Illustrated was fun enough to lend us the swimsuit models!”
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq