- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Green Bay beats Valparaiso 67-53 to clinch Horizon
Question of the Day
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Keifer Sykes scored 19 points to help Green Bay clinch a share of the Horizon League title with a 67-53 win over Valparaiso on Wednesday.
The Phoenix (22-5, 12-2) hit 22 of 25 free throws to avenge a 15-point loss at Valparaiso (16-12, 8-5) three weeks earlier.
Alec Brown scored 14 points and blocked eight shots and Jordan Fouse had 12 points and 10 rebounds for Green Bay, which finished with 12 blocked shots. Brown now has 301 blocks, just the second in league history to reach 300 and he is just nine shy of setting the league record.
Alec Peters and Jubril Adekoya had 11 points apiece for the Crusaders, who went 5 of 7 from the foul line.
Green Bay opened a quick 13-2 lead but Valparaiso only led 30-27 at the half when Alfonzo McKinnie knocked down a 3-pointer. They quickly punched the lead back to 12.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world