- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Mets ace Matt Harvey cleared to play catch
Question of the Day
The 24-year-old right-hander was examined by team doctor David Altchek at the Mets‘ spring training facility Wednesday.
Harvey, who had surgery on Oct. 22, stretched with pitchers and catchers on Thursday for the first time this spring. The Mets did not make him available for comment afterward and general manager Sandy Alderson has firmly stated that he did not want Harvey’s rehab to be a major story this season.
Harvey earlier said he would like to throw on Feb. 22 but has backed off those comments since arriving in camp late last week. Warthen did not have an exact date that he expects Harvey to start his throwing program.
Harvey went 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA and 191 strikeouts in 2013, his first full season in the big leagues, and was the National League starter in the All-Star Game that was played at the Mets‘ home stadium. Harvey struggled after the All-Star break and the Mets announced he had a partial UCL tear in his right elbow on Aug. 26.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world