- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Mexican left proposes medicinal use for marijuana
Question of the Day
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexico’s main leftist party has submitted a proposal in the Senate to legalize the medicinal use of marijuana.
The bill introduced by the Democratic Revolution Party also proposes increasing the maximum possession limit for personal use from five grams, or one or two joints, to 30 grams.
Under current federal law, possession of up to five grams is decriminalized but not legal, and can still be subject to non-prison sanctions.
The bill introduced Thursday would also allow state governments to regulate marijuana production under the new framework.
Earlier this month, Democratic Revolution lawmakers said they will propose allowing the sale of marijuana within Mexico City. If passed, the measure would have the city join Uruguay and the U.S. states of Washington and Colorado in creating legal markets for pot.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq