- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
Norovirus strikes senior facility in Ohio
CINCINNATI (AP) - Seniors at an assisted-living facility in Colerain Township have been asked to remain in their rooms and communal meals and activities have been suspended after about 24 residents have become ill with what’s believed to be norovirus.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports (cin.ci/MfCUCg) officials at Atria Northgate Park contacted the Hamilton County health department Thursday about the outbreak. Department spokesman Mike Samet says the symptoms “lead us to hypothesize” it’s norovirus, which can cause stomach pain, diarrhea and vomiting.
Samet says norovirus spreads easily and can cause serious health problems in older adults, so it’s recommended that the residents stay isolated in their rooms and not have visitors for up to a week. About 140 residents are affected.
Resident Peggy Conklin says meals are being delivered by nurses in masks.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business on Vivec Murthy for surgeon general and smart guns
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- After three days, Redskins finally address defensive needs
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again