- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Schumer wants feds to dredge 6 upstate harbors
Question of the Day
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Sen. Charles Schumer is asking the Army Corps of Engineers to fully dredge six upstate New York harbors that are eligible for Hurricane Sandy dredging money.
The Sandy appropriations cover dredging back to pre-storm conditions. But it’s but not enough money to bring them to fully functional navigational channel depths. Rather than go back and do channel dredging later, Schumer says it would make more sense and cost less to do extra dredging now.
The harbors are Barcelona in Chautauqua County, Irondequoit and Rochester harbors in Monroe County, Oak Orchard in Orleans County, Little Sodus in Cayuga County, and Wilson Harbor in Niagara County.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world