- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Southern Miss regroups, tops frigid UTSA, 85-56
Question of the Day
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) - Southern Miss used a big second half to snap a two-game losing streak and finish off Texas-San Antonio, 85-56 Thursday night.
It was the first-ever meeting between the schools and the win stopped the Golden Eagles (22-5, 9-3) fall in the Conference USA standings, where they are a game back of the conference leaders. Southern Miss lost to Middle Tennessee Saturday in a first-place showdown, 81-64.
Daveon Boardingham scored 19 points on 9 of 12 shooting to lead Southern Miss, with Aaron Brown adding 15 points and Jerrold Brooks and Matt Bingaya contributing 13 and 12 points, respectively.
Edrico McGregor was the long Roadrunner to reach double figures, scoring 11 points as UTSA struggled from the field, shooting just 27.3 percent (12 of 44) and committed 23 turnovers.
UTSA (8-17, 4-8) snapped a four-game losing streak Saturday when the Roadrunners beat Florida Atlantic, 66-56.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world