- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
Tennessee Tech pushes past UT-Martin 91-83
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP) - Jeremiah Samarrippas scored 20 points and dished out 10 assists, pacing Tennessee Tech to a 91-83 victory over Tennessee-Martin Thursday night.
UT-Martin (8-20, 3-10) committed just seven turnovers, but went 5 of 15 from beyond the arc and 26 of 63 overall (41.3 percent). Dee Oldham finished with 23 points and Myles Taylor had 10 with 13 rebounds.
Tennessee Tech hit nine 3-pointers in the first half to grab a 52-47 halftime advantage. Ogbe scored 10 points during a 15-4 surge to help the Golden Eagles out to a 70-55 lead with 12:54 remaining.
The Skyhawks pulled within three with 4:24 left, but Tennessee Tech closed the game on a 10-5 run to hold them off.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again