- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Western Carolina handles Appalachian State 74-61
BOONE, N.C. (AP) - James Sinclair had 17 points and seven rebounds, while Trey Sumler added 14 points with six assists and five steals as Western Carolina defeated Appalachian State 74-61 Thursday night.
The Catamounts (16-12, 9-4 Southern Conference) shot 49 percent from the field and were 19 of 22 from the foul line. Tom Tankelewicz went 4 of 5 beyond the arc to finish with 16 points.
Appalachian State (8-18, 4-9) shot 42.3 percent, but went just 1 of 11 from the perimeter. Tommy Spagnolo led the Mountaineers with 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Ty Toney had 12 and Tevin Baskin 11.
Western Carolina jumped out to an early 9-0 lead, and pushed the score to 28-16 with 3:03 left in the first half.
The Mountaineers pulled within three near the midway mark in the second half, but Western Carolina responded with a quick 6-0 run and wouldn’t let them any closer.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again