- North Korea: Not a single vote cast against Kim Jong-un
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Wine sales suspended at Corn Palace after sting
MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) - Wine won’t be available for a while at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, after an employee at the city-owned tourist attraction sold a bottle to an underage informant during a police alcohol compliance check.
Director Mark Schilling says he’s temporarily suspended wine sales as Corn Palace officials review procedures for alcohol sales. He says that likely will take a few weeks.
Schilling says that during the recent compliance check, the employee asked for and inspected the informant’s identification, but made the sale anyway. The Daily Republic newspaper reports (http://bit.ly/1bOpAkT) that the employee will be fined and could face additional disciplinary action.
The City Council last June granted the Corn Palace a wine license to allow for the sale of Corn Palace-labeled wine at the attraction’s gift shop.
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again