- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Wis. DNR IDs 33 parcels for possible land sale
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has identified 33 parcels of land for possible sale to start satisfying a state budget mandate calling for the agency to sell 10,000 acres by mid-2017.
DNR officials say the parcels are located in 23 counties and total about 2,550 acres. The DNR’s criteria for choosing land for possible sale includes whether it’s outside an existing project, lack of public access and lack of recreational or biological value. The agency is still reviewing the properties to determine if they fit the criteria.
The reviews are set to wrap up around March 1. The DNR’s board is expected to approve parcels for sale in May. Those properties will hit the market this summer.
A list of the parcels is available on the DNR’s website.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.