- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Coos Bay gas export terminal gets Canada license
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Planners of the Jordan Cove Energy Project have received Canadian approval to export natural gas from Canada to the United States.
The OK from the Canadian National Energy Board is just one of many hurdles developers must clear before building a plant in Coos Bay, Ore., that would be used to chill gas for export as a liquid to Asia.
The project led by Calgary-based Veresen Inc. still needs a Department of Energy license to send gas to countries that don’t have free trade agreements with the United States, such as India and Japan. It also must pass environmental muster.
Jordan Cove spokesman Michael Hinrichs says Thursday’s approval ensures an additional supply source, and prospective customers won’t have to rely only on American natural gas from the Rockies.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener