- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Drivers competing in the 2014 Daytona 500
Question of the Day
CREW CHIEF: Todd Berrier
SPONSOR: Furniture Row
NOTES: Qualified on the outside pole for the Daytona 500, but will have to start at the back of the field after getting caught in a crash in a qualifying race Thursday night. … Left Michael Waltrip Racing after four seasons and moved to Furniture Row Racing, a single-car team that helped revive Kurt Busch’s career in 2013. … Two-time Nationwide Series champion has two wins (Dover in 2007, Sonoma in 2013) in 297 career starts in the Cup series.
DRIVER: Matt Kenseth
BORN: March 10, 1972
HOMETOWN: Cambridge, Wis.
CREW CHIEF: Jason Ratcliff
SPONSOR: Dollar General
NOTES: Won second of two Daytona 500 qualifying races. … Kenseth made it clear very early last season that his first year with Joe Gibbs Racing was going to be good: He led 86 laps and was out front when his engine blew. … It was still a tremendous year for Kenseth, who won a career-best seven races and battled Jimmie Johnson for the championship. …. Was in the title hunt until a poor showing at Phoenix put him in a deep hole for the season finale.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq