- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Drivers competing in the 2014 Daytona 500
Question of the Day
CREW CHIEF: Dave Rogers
NOTES: Bounced back from a disappointing 2012 season to win four Cup races and finish fourth in the final standings. … Saw his overall program come back as Busch also won 12 of 25 Nationwide races and five of 11 Truck Series events. … Was running right behind teammate Matt Kenseth at the front of the Daytona 500 field when their engines expired within minutes of each other last year.
No. 4 Chevrolet, Stewart-Haas Racing
DRIVER: Kevin Harvick
BORN: Dec. 8, 1975
HOMETOWN: Bakersfield, Calif.
CREW CHIEF: Rodney Childers
NOTES: Finished second in the first of two Daytona 500 qualifying races. … The 2007 Daytona 500 winner has left Richard Childress Racing after 13 seasons to drive for good friend Tony Stewart. …. Believes he can win a championship driving for SHR. … Has developed a reputation as a closer for being in the right place at the end of races to capitalize for a victory. … Won four races and finished third in points last year.
No. 36 Chevrolet, Tommy Baldwin Racing
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq