- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
ECU LB Grove ends career due to medical reasons
Question of the Day
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - East Carolina says linebacker Jeremy Grove is ending his playing career because of medical reasons.
Grove announced his decision Friday saying, “I feel it is better for my health and future to stop playing football.”
Team spokesman Tom McClellan announced Grove’s decision Friday.
Grove played through injuries to both shoulders, and had surgery on his left shoulder after the 2011 season. He was limited during his junior year in 2013 by recurring neck pain and nerve irritation.
He had a team-best seven tackles in his final game, the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl victory over Ohio. He had 24 games with at least five stops.
Coach Ruffin McNeill says Grove “played the game the way it is supposed to be played.”
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs