- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
FGCU defeats Mercer 75-61, ties for 1st in A-Sun
Question of the Day
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Brett Comer had 15 points and Florida Gulf Coast defeated Mercer 75-61 on Friday night in front of a record crowd of 4,664 fans.
Jamail Jones added 11 points and 13 rebounds for FGCU (18-10, 12-3) which moved into a first-place tie with Mercer (21-7, 12-3) in the Atlantic Sun Conference standings. The Eagles also evened the season series after Mercer defeated FGCU 68-55 in the first meeting on Jan. 23 in Macon.
Both teams have three conference games remaining.
Florida Gulf Coast scored 15 straight points within a 4-minute stretch to extend a two-point lead to 57-40 with 5:39 left. The Eagles led by no less than 14 from there and made 12 of 18 free throws over the final 4 minutes.
Chase Fieler had 14 points for FGCU which out-rebounded Mercer 48-29.
Langston Hall had 16 points and Ike Nwamu added 11 points for the Bears.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq