- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
First lady pays visit to new ‘Tonight Show’ host
Question of the Day
The first lady also put in a plug for her husband’s health care law.
Mrs. Obama appeared in a silly skit with Fallon and comedian Will Ferrell. Then, in a sit-down interview Thursday, told Fallon, who’s wrapping up his first week as host of the long-running NBC show, that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are getting ready to show America “how they move.”
“They want nothing to do with us,” she laughed.
She then cautioned that her older daughter turns 16 this summer and is ready to learn to drive.
“Ladies and gentlemen in D.C. -watch out,” she warned with a laugh. “Malia Obama on the road. Frightening.”
The first lady also took advantage of her national TV audience to talk about her Let’s Move exercise and diet initiative.
“What we’re asking people to do is show us how you’re moving. We want people to Facebook it, Tweet it, Instagram it.” She wants to see “how people around the country are moving.”
The hashtag is #LetsMove.
If there’s enough response, “we’ll have a little surprise. The president, and maybe the vice president, will show us how they move,” Mrs. Obama said.
She also pitched the Affordable Care Act, encouraging young people to sign up for health insurance before the end of March deadline.
Young adults, she said, can now be covered for as little as $50 a month, “less than the cost of gym shoes.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world