- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Judge delays decision in change of venue
Question of the Day
HERNANDO, Miss. (AP) - Circuit Court Judge Robert Chamberlin delayed issuing his decision on whether to move the embezzlement trial of former Southaven Mayor Greg Davis out of DeSoto County.
Chamberlin said on Thursday he wanted to wait to find out if an impartial jury could be selected from a panel before making his decision on a change of venue.
The state’s embezzlement case against Davis was filed in 2012. The three-count indictment charged Davis with embezzlement by a public official in connection with using his city-leased vehicle filled and with using city gasoline in the vehicle even though he was getting a monthly mileage check.
The Commercial Appeal reports (http://bit.ly/1fh590p ) prosecutors argued that the court should start jury selection Monday in the case and the judge agreed.
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world