- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Dream’ of discriminating against illegals
It would seem that critics are easily vexed (“High rate of approval for ‘dreamers’ vexes critics of immigration reform,” Web, Feb. 16).
The current “test run” for legalization is a new version of an old Ponzi scheme: President Obama pushes illegal aliens to the top of the pyramid and all of the valued legal guests and the American taxpayer get hosed.
I consider myself a “dreamer” as well. I have always dreamed that we were a nation of laws and that violating those laws carried consequences. Little did I know that alien lawbreakers get rewards today and those law-abiding, valued legal guests get the shaft.
You might think that the NAACP or the ambulance chasers at the ACLU would be crying discrimination. After all, isn’t it “discrimination” when one group is given special treatment to the detriment of another?
The Obama administration is clearly guilty of discrimination against legal guests who have come to this country in the proper fashion and should be first in line, not last.
The gutless wonders of the GOP cower and hope that aiding and abetting this crime will win them the Hispanic vote. It won’t.
This is a bad policy that will come back to haunt every member of Congress in ways they can only imagine in a nightmare.
About the Author
- Former CIA head Gen. Michael Hayden to pen Times column
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Orlando well-suited for DNC
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: President 'mom jeans' vs. Putin
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: House has the power it needs
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Misunderstanding the Second Amendment
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear