- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Los Angeles airport worker dies on airfield
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A worker at Los Angeles International Airport was killed after he was apparently hit by a luggage-moving cart that he had been driving and fell off.
An airport spokeswoman says that the man was driving on a service road on the airfield around 5 a.m. Friday when he either had a medical issue or lost control of his vehicle.
LAX spokeswoman Amanda Parsons says the man ground service vehicle was pulling several trailers, and no other vehicle was involved.
Paramedics found the man unconscious and were unable to revive him.
The coroner’s office, which is investigating the death, said later Friday that the man was 51-year-old Cesar Valenzuela of Los Angeles.
The incident, which authorities are investigating, is not impacting flights.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.