- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Rand Paul calls on Ted Nugent to apologize for Obama jab
Question of the Day
Mr. Nugent made the media wave this week with an interview in which he described the president as a “subhuman mongrel,” right before he took to the campaign trail for Texas gubernatorial hopeful Greg Abbott. Mr. Abbott’s aides have since distanced their candidate from Mr. Nugent and quietly removed him from the campaign trail, Newsmax reported.
Late Thursday evening, Mr. Paul made his view of the situation clear.
Mr. Paul wasn’t the only GOPer to weigh in. Sen. Ted Cruz said “of course” he didn’t agree with Mr. Nugent’s assessment of the president, The Hill reported. And Gov. Rick Perry said he didn’t like the use of the word “mongrel” to describe a president, The Hill said.
Mr. Nugent originally made the remarks in an interview with Guns.com. His full statement: “I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame, enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world