- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Redskins’ Fred Davis arrested, charged with DWI
Davis, 28, was suspended indefinitely by the league on Wednesday for a violation of the league’s policy on substances of abuse. His contract is set to expire March 11, when the new league year begins, and he will be an unrestricted free agent.
“Disappointed for Fred,” Redskins general manager Bruce Allensaid Friday morning. “We really can’t comment on the suspension, because that’s a league matter with Fred, but we heard, like everybody, about what happened yesterday, and that’s disappointing.”
Davis had seven receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown in 10 games in 2013, his sixth season with the Redskins. He was suspended for the final four games of the 2011 season and played in only seven games in 2012 after tearing his left Achilles’ tendon.
“Unfortunately, we’re not able to talk to Fred because of the suspension, but he’s a resilient guy,” Allen said. “He had to overcome a hurdle a few years ago, and he did it, and he got injured, and he worked hard to come back. It’s up to Fred what his future holds.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Fan favorite Michael Morse looking for comfort, championship with Giants
- Ex-Cap Mike Ribeiro still getting used to new team, style of play
- Despite release, Adam Carriker focused on return
- Danny Hultzen confident shoulder injury won't keep him from majors
- Adam Carriker, Sav Rocca released as Redskins trim salary
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again