- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Redskins’ Fred Davis arrested, charged with DWI
Question of the Day
Fairfax County police said Davis was arrested in Tysons Corner at 3:45 p.m. at the intersection of Gallows Road and Leesburg Pike but declined to offer additional details, citing evidentiary reasons.
Davis, 28, was suspended indefinitely by the league on Wednesday for a violation of the league’s policy on substances of abuse. His contract is set to expire March 11, when the new league year begins, and he will be an unrestricted free agent.
“Disappointed for Fred,” Redskins general manager Bruce Allensaid Friday morning. “We really can’t comment on the suspension, because that’s a league matter with Fred, but we heard, like everybody, about what happened yesterday, and that’s disappointing.”
Davis had seven receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown in 10 games in 2013, his sixth season with the Redskins. He was suspended for the final four games of the 2011 season and played in only seven games in 2012 after tearing his left Achilles’ tendon.
“Unfortunately, we’re not able to talk to Fred because of the suspension, but he’s a resilient guy,” Allen said. “He had to overcome a hurdle a few years ago, and he did it, and he got injured, and he worked hard to come back. It’s up to Fred what his future holds.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Trent Williams kicked in shin, will be fine
- Robert Griffin III teases return of zone-read option for Redskins
- Pierre Garcon still day-to-day with hamstring strain
- Leonard Hankerson awaiting return from knee surgery
- GETTING PHYSICAL: Putting on the pads sets tone for day of hitting at Redskins practice
Latest Blog Entries
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world