- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Redskins’ Fred Davis arrested, charged with DWI
Fairfax County police said Davis was arrested in Tysons Corner at 3:45 p.m. at the intersection of Gallows Road and Leesburg Pike but declined to offer additional details, citing evidentiary reasons.
Davis, 28, was suspended indefinitely by the league on Wednesday for a violation of the league’s policy on substances of abuse. His contract is set to expire March 11, when the new league year begins, and he will be an unrestricted free agent.
“Disappointed for Fred,” Redskins general manager Bruce Allensaid Friday morning. “We really can’t comment on the suspension, because that’s a league matter with Fred, but we heard, like everybody, about what happened yesterday, and that’s disappointing.”
Davis had seven receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown in 10 games in 2013, his sixth season with the Redskins. He was suspended for the final four games of the 2011 season and played in only seven games in 2012 after tearing his left Achilles’ tendon.
“Unfortunately, we’re not able to talk to Fred because of the suspension, but he’s a resilient guy,” Allen said. “He had to overcome a hurdle a few years ago, and he did it, and he got injured, and he worked hard to come back. It’s up to Fred what his future holds.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Wizards mount comeback, take two-game lead in playoff series
- Wizards trying to resist entering Game 2 feeling comfortable
- Early returns show projections of physical Wizards-Bulls series were correct
- Wizards' veterans step up as Wall, Beal get playoff jitters out of their systems
- Joshua Morgan signs one-year deal with Bears
Latest Blog Entries
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014