- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Royals sign 7 players to 1-year deals for 2014
Question of the Day
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) - The Royals have agreed to terms with seven players not yet eligible for arbitration on major league contracts, including third basemen Mike Moustakas and Danny Valencia.
Kansas City also agreed Friday to deals with left-hander Justin Marks, right-handers Louis Coleman and Kelvin Herrera, infielder Cheslor Cuthbert and outfielder Lane Adams.
The flurry of agreements leaves 13 players unsigned for the 2014 seasons: right-handers Francisley Bueno, Michael Mariot and Yordano Ventura; left-handers Danny Duffy, Chris Dwyer, Donnie Joseph and John Lamb; infielders Pedro Ciriaco, Christian Colon and Johnny Giavotella; and outfielders Lorenzo Cain, Jarrod Dyson and Carlos Peguero.
If deals can’t be reached with pre-arbitration players, contracts can be renewed at the club’s discretion provided they meet a series of salary criteria.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq