- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
Vt. to hold job fairs for new psych hospital
BERLIN, Vt. (AP) - The state of Vermont is planning what officials are calling two “jobs days” to help fill 90 jobs at the state’s new psychiatric hospital that’s being built in Berlin.
The first event will be held Monday and the second will be held Feb. 27, both at 439 Industrial Lane in Berlin.
The jobs will help staff the 25-bed Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital that is scheduled to open this summer.
In addition to nurses with psychiatric experience, the hospital will be hiring mental health specialists and staff.
The mental health specialists will work one-on-one with patients and are trained to respond to both the individual patient and the unit environment.
Mental Health Commissioner Paul Dupre says the state needs the highest caliber of care providers for the hospital.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again