- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Winners of the annual CAPER awards
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - The Denver Post, the Greeley Tribune and the Vail Daily won first place awards for general excellence Friday in the annual Colorado Associated Press Editors & Reporters contest.
Best of Show was awarded to Gretel Daugherty of The (Grand Junction) Daily Sentinel for “Gas Explosion.”
The contest encompassed work printed in Colorado’s AP member newspapers from Sept. 1, 2012, through Aug. 31, 2013.
Awards were presented in three divisions: Division I for circulation 15,000 and under; Division II for circulation between 15,001 and 30,000; and Division III for circulation over 30,000.
NEWSWRITING AND PHOTO AWARDS, DIVISION I
1st Place: Durango Herald; Shane Benjamin, Dale Rodebaugh, Emery Cowan, Jordyn Dahl, Robert Galin
2nd Place: Steamboat Pilot & Today; Staff
3rd Place: Steamboat Pilot & Today; Scott Franz
1st Place: Durango Herald; Emery Cowan
2nd Place: Steamboat Pilot & Today; Matt Stensland
3rd Place: Durango Herald; Shane Benjamin
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world