- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
Witness: Gang members involved in nightclub attack
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - Lawyers say a witness has reported he was beaten by gang members who accompanied a 23-year-old woman killed in a melee outside a Southern California nightclub.
Defense attorneys told the Orange County Register Thursday (http://bit.ly/1heJbZh ) that the account supports their assertion that Vanesa Zavala and Candace Brito acted in self-defense when they allegedly punched and kicked Annie Hung Pham in the early morning hours of Jan. 18.
Zavala and Brito have pleaded not guilty to murder.
With gang members reportedly involved in the fight, defense attorneys say it means that the women’s actions were justified.
Santa Ana police officials said they do not comment on ongoing investigations.
During a preliminary hearing last week, detectives testified that Pham threw the first punch in the clash outside The Crosby in Santa Ana.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.