- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Alihodzic tip-in lifts UAB past Charlotte, 64-62
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Fahro Alihodzic tipped in the game winner with 14 seconds left to play and Chad Frazier sealed the victory with a steal in the closing seconds of Alabama-Birmingham’s 64-62 win at Charlotte Saturday.
Charlotte’s Pierra Henry tied the game at 62 by drilling a 3-pointer with 41 seconds left.
Neither team led by more than three points in the second half of the back-and-forth game. The largest lead of the game came on Charlotte’s 6-0 run to start the game.
Frazier scored 16 points to lead the Blazers, (17-10, 6-7 Conference USA). C.J. Washington added 14 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Henry finished with 16 points to lead Charlotte (14-12, 5-8), with Terrence Williams adding 14 and Shawn Lester 12.
UAB entered the game as the No. 2-ranked rebounding team in the nation, averaging 45.5 rebounds per contest. Against the 49ers, the Blazers grabbed 43.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world