- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Carlino’s 30 sparks BYU past Portland 89-72
Question of the Day
PROVO, Utah (AP) - Matt Carlino drained eight 3-pointers to finish with 30 points, both career-highs, as BYU defeated Portland 89-72 on Saturday night.
The Cougars (20-10, 12-5 West Coast) shot 55.9 percent from the field, with Carlino 11 of 16 and 8 of 13 from beyond the arc. Anson Winder scored 19 points, Tyler Haws had 15 and Kyle Collinsworth chipped in seven with 11 rebounds and seven assists.
Portland (15-13, 7-9) was held to 26-of-66 shooting (39.4 percent). Ryan Nicholas totaled 17 points, Bobby Sharp had 16 and Thomas van der Mars 11.
Carlino hit three straight from the perimeter to help BYU move out to a 33-16 lead in the first half. He hit another one late to give the Cougars a 46-33 halftime advantage.
BYU pulled away in the second half as Carlino hit three more from the arc to spark a 15-3 run and lead 73-48 with 11:46 left.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world