- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
Eastern Washington beats Southern Utah 85-74
Question of the Day
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) - Venky Jois scored a career-high 29 points and Tyler Harvey added 26 as Eastern Washington kept Southern Utah winless in the Big Sky, winning 85-74 Saturday.
EWU (13-13, 8-7) got out of the gate quickly, running up a 19-5 score after Drew Brandon’s layup just 6 ½ minutes in. But Southern Utah (1-24, 0-16) got a 7-0 run a few minutes later - with five points coming from John Marshall - and the Thunderbirds clawed their way back to trail 38-34 at the break.
Marshall made a pair of free throws with 8:58 left to cut the SUU deficit to three, but the Eagles went on a 9-0 run, hitting 5 of 6 free throws, to push their lead back to 12 and kept Southern Utah at arm’s length the rest of the way.
Eric Rippetoe led Southern Utah with 17 while Casey Oliverson added 16.
Jois added 13 rebounds.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq