- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
No. 25 Gonzaga tops Portland 72-61 for WCC title
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Haiden Palmer scored 12 points as No. 25 Gonzaga ground out a 72-61 win over Portland on Saturday, assuring the Bulldogs of a share of their 10th-straight West Coast Conference title.
Twelve different Bulldogs scored as they won the game with rebounding and defense. Gonzaga (24-4, 13-2) had a 42-26 rebounding advantage, including 21-2 on the offensive end, good for 27 more shots, and forced 19 turnovers.
Cassandra Brown came off the bench to lead Portland (14-13, 7-9) with 16 points, hitting all four of her 3-pointers. Jasmine Wooten added 13 with 7 assists but she had 7 turnovers.
It was a far cry from the first meeting, won by Gonzaga 56-24. The Bulldogs had a late surge to take a 31-21 lead at the half and quickly bumped it up to 16 but couldn’t shake Portland. The Pilots shot 61 percent in the second half, 51 for the game.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.