- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
Norfolk St. survives a Coppin St. comeback 73-68
Goode also grabbed 11 rebounds for the Spartans who shot 50 percent in the game. Norfolk State learned earlier in the week that interim coach Robert Jones signed-on for the head coach position for three years.
Norfolk State (15-11, 9-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) led 35-27 at the break and dominated the boards 21-9, grabbing seven more offensive rebounds than Coppin State in accounting for the 8-point halftime lead.
The Spartans stretched that lead to 17 points in the second period before Coppin State (9-18, 6-8) responded with a run of its own and narrowed the lead to 71-68 with 9 seconds to play, but time ran out on its comeback effort.
Taariq Cephas scored 19 points and Sterling Smith added 14 for Coppin State.
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again